Script Using Powershell to Automatically Create WMI Filters
Step 3: Apply the WMI filter to the GPO Simply select the GPO and on the SCOPE tab use the WMI drop down to select your previously created WMI filter. See attachment for screenshot.... These allow you to filter the application of Group Policy based on the results of WMI queries you make of the computer. For example another good use of these is to detect whether a computer is a laptop or desktop, by querying the battery status you can easily set different configurations for things like Offline Folders on laptops.
Group Policy Filtering Using WMI-Filters Windows OS Hub
Under the WMI Filtering section, choose the WMI filter from the drop down list and click Yes in the confirmation box that appears Now, the GPO will be applied to only the computers running the Windows XP Professional operating system....Testing Group Policy (GPO) WMI Filters I've only been working with WMI filters in the last year (Late developer..) but they are brilliant - when they work. I'm not great with WMI queries and spent as much time amending the query to work as a filter as I did writing it in the first place.
Creating WMI Filters and GPOs with PowerShell
I have a GPO that is currently being run only on client computers (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), by using a WMI filter with the following query: select * from Win32_OperatingSystem where ProductType='1' how to bring down the government I have a GPO that is currently being run only on client computers (XP, Vista, 7, etc.), by using a WMI filter with the following query: select * from Win32_OperatingSystem where ProductType='1'. How to create object using reflection in c
Create WMI Filters for the GPO (Windows 10) Microsoft Docs
- Test GPO WMI filter using Powershell sysadmin
- Script Using Powershell to Automatically Create WMI Filters
- Test GPO WMI filter using Powershell sysadmin
- Script to Create Group Policy Objects and WMI Filters to
Open your Group Policy Management Console and browse to WMI Filters in your Domain. Go ahead and Right Click on WMI Filters and select New Give the WMI Filter a nice descriptive name and give more detailed text in the Description if needed.
- I'm trying to create a GPO programatically using the GPMC COM object via C# code. I can create the GPO, but I'm having trouble "inserting" a WMI filter with the GPO.
- Using a WMI filter, you can apply a group policy based on the client’s TCP/IP subnet. 1. In Group Policy Management, right-click the WMI Filters folder and click New .
- 23/01/2015 · Hello, I have a offce addin that i want to deploy with group policy, I have 2 MSI, one for office 32 bit (2007 and 2010) and one for 64bit office (2007 and 2010) So i need 1 wmi filter that wil be true if office 2007 32 bit OR office 2010 32 is instald, and 1 wmi filter that wil be true if · Hi, i have mange to get a working wmi
- If you want to the GPO only added to workstations, you can create a WMI filter like: Select * from Win32_ComputerSystem where DomainRole = 1 and add the WMI filter to the GPO.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Lyneham ACT, Browns Plains ACT, Narrabundah ACT, Civic ACT, Taylor ACT, ACT Australia 2649
- New South Wales: Liberty Grove NSW, Boweya North NSW, Ashfield NSW, Fitzroy Falls NSW, Denman NSW, NSW Australia 2048
- Northern Territory: Nauiyu NT, Canberra NT, Acacia Hills NT, Hermannsburg NT, Warruwi NT, Tivendale NT, NT Australia 0813
- Queensland: Ubobo QLD, Everton Hills QLD, Willawong QLD, Forest Hill QLD, QLD Australia 4087
- South Australia: Hillbank SA, Stone Well SA, Pinkawillinie SA, Yunyarinyi SA, Birdwood SA, Emu Flat SA, SA Australia 5072
- Tasmania: Mathinna TAS, Howth TAS, Mayfield TAS, TAS Australia 7077
- Victoria: Mitcham VIC, South Wharf VIC, Buffalo River VIC, Frankston VIC, Yambuk VIC, VIC Australia 3008
- Western Australia: Wanerie WA, Yirrallelm Community WA, Maitland WA, WA Australia 6055
- British Columbia: Delta BC, Canal Flats BC, Trail BC, Granisle BC, West Kelowna BC, BC Canada, V8W 2W2
- Yukon: Calumet YT, Boundary YT, Ogilvie YT, Little Gold YT, Klondike YT, YT Canada, Y1A 3C3
- Alberta: Beaverlodge AB, Hussar AB, Eckville AB, Empress AB, Claresholm AB, Sedgewick AB, AB Canada, T5K 6J8
- Northwest Territories: Paulatuk NT, Norman Wells NT, Sambaa K'e NT, Gameti NT, NT Canada, X1A 3L2
- Saskatchewan: Pelly SK, Carievale SK, Netherhill SK, Alvena SK, Rockglen SK, Macklin SK, SK Canada, S4P 1C9
- Manitoba: Somerset MB, Minitonas MB, Neepawa MB, MB Canada, R3B 9P3
- Quebec: Sainte-Catherine QC, Angliers QC, Matagami QC, Trois-Pistoles QC, Kingsey Falls QC, QC Canada, H2Y 8W2
- New Brunswick: Rexton NB, Chipman NB, Bas-Caraquet NB, NB Canada, E3B 3H3
- Nova Scotia: Annapolis Royal NS, Hantsport NS, Port Hood NS, NS Canada, B3J 1S5
- Prince Edward Island: New Haven-Riverdale PE, Grand Tracadie PE, Miminegash PE, PE Canada, C1A 2N9
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Salmon Cove NL, Howley NL, St. Anthony NL, Channel-Port aux Basques NL, NL Canada, A1B 1J3
- Ontario: Coldstream ON, Marionville ON, Gads Hill ON, Oustic, Graphite ON, Caintown ON, McCulloughs Landing ON, ON Canada, M7A 3L2
- Nunavut: Sanikiluaq NU, Baker Lake NU, NU Canada, X0A 3H4
- England: Kettering ENG, Tynemouth ENG, Maidstone ENG, Hereford ENG, Folkestone ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 6A8
- Northern Ireland: Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Bangor NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 4H7
- Scotland: Glasgow SCO, Aberdeen SCO, Hamilton SCO, Aberdeen SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 6B9
- Wales: Newport WAL, Cardiff WAL, Barry WAL, Swansea WAL, Neath WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 9D2